Wednesday, September 10, 2014

AHH, RAIN...

Rain. I love it!!! I always have. I remember being an ittey-bittey at grandma's house and running out into rain. Arms wide open, head cocked back, mouth open, tongue out and experiencing such incredible joy getting soaked to the bone. I loved to run naked through it. I still do. Much to the dismay of some of our neighbors. What can I say, me and rain got a history that goes WAY back. I love the sound of it. I love the smell of it. And I do indeed enjoy standing out there in it. Yeah, I'm a bit odd. Thank Goddess!!! We were predicted to get some serious monsoon kind of rains over night and into today. Guess what? It didn't happen. We are now in the midst of a wonderfully gentle rain. Here in 'sconsin summer is about to leave the building and fall is ringing the door bell. Yeah, transition. I love living in a location that has four very distinct seasons. Three of which include rain. Considering that I am an individual that is scared SHITLESS of water (hey, I almost drowned twice when I was a kid and when you get right down to it, fish fuck in it. Think about it! Yuck!!!) I stop just short of showering in a life preserver. Yet, I will stand in the rain and tap dance. I have no idea... I am setting here in silence, all of the windows open and listening to it rain. What is left of my heart is singing. I am within seconds of going out and standing out on the steps and getting soaked in water falling from the sky. I hope that you follow my lead.

No comments:

Post a Comment