Thursday, September 8, 2011

How The Hell Did I Miss This One???

I like to tell myself that I am on top of things.  Always up on the latest trends.  Both canines sunk deeply into what is "now".   Cutting edge, if you will.  Boy what a difference a day makes!

Yesterday while surfing the www. I stumbled upon the name Paul O'Grady.  The lead in was "Paul O'Grady and his alter-ego Lily Savage...".  Well, that was all that I needed to see.  I clicked that link so fast I broke a nail.  Boy, did I get my eyes opened up.  It seems that Paul O'Grady is a very successful English stage and TV performer and host with a career that spans decades.  And he's as gay as a goose (well, of course he is...  he's English).  It seems though, that his biggest claim to fame is his "sister", Lucy Savage.  This immediately piqued my interest and I was soon off to Google-Land.

Ah, Lucy.  What can I say, she's... um, well... she's Lucy.  Lucy is England's version of Dame Edna only a LOT more vulgar and totally tarted and boozed up.  REALLY big platinum blond hair, awash in sequins, fur, polka spots, chandelier earrings and thigh high boots with 6 inch heels.  And she appears to be adept enough with those heels to run a marathon if push came to shove.  Pink seems to be her "signature colour".   Her trademark expressions tend to be "Oh, just bloody bugger off!",  "What the fuck?", "You should have seen the size of the skid mark I left on that towel!" and "So, I was in Harrod's yesterday picking up some tampons...". Her favorite way to combat insomnia is getting on the phone at 3 AM and sending pizzas (double eel, hold the cheese) to Charles and Camilla.  She hates the royals, says she finds them a bit standoffish for  people on the public payroll.  She also says that she'd rather chew her own nipples off than vote for a Tory.  Lucy even hosted her own game show for 3 years on the BBC.  Lord, this is SO my kind of woman!!!

Several years ago Paul "retired" Lucy.  Said she had "seen the light, taken the veil and went to a convent in France.".  The public screamed in outrage.  Earlier this year Lucy apparently made an escape and did a guest performance at a telethon fund raiser for Japanese Tsunami Relief in London.  Apparently ratings were astronomical.  Was Lucy back for good?  Sadly no because Paul later said that Lucy has subsequently been bricked up inside of a chimney by the Mother Superior for her own good.  Not Lucy's own good, mind you.  For the Mother Superior's own good.

If you want a good giggle then Google "Lucy Savage Youtube".  There are literally hours of her there to enjoy.  How the bloody hell did this treasure slip through my fingers unnoticed for all of these years???  My Old-timers disease must be worse than I thought...

No comments:

Post a Comment