Tuesday, October 29, 2013

HER NAME IS CAROLINE...

She is my upstairs neighbor.  She is from Puerto Rico,   She can cuss like a sailor in several languages, as can I, and we swap recipes like there is no tomorrow.  She knows how to do things with platanos I could never imagine and I ply her with peanut butter cookies.  She makes me smile.  If I spoke Spanish as well as she speaks English I would be doing a happy dance naked.  Sorry, not a pretty picture...

This July she damned near died.  Her heart gave out.  A triple bypass, a couple of new heart valves and an aortal transplant.  In the middle of the fucking night.  Holy fucking shit!!!  When she finally got out of the hospital she knocked on my door as she was going upstairs, held up by two of her children, opened her robe and showed me the incision scar.  I sank to my knees.  Yep, I've seen her tits.  As I tell her, "Cupcake, they opened you up like they were gutting a deer".

She is an incredibly feisty woman and I love those kind of women.  Yeah, she's one of those women who could eat through you like chain saw.  She is my friend.  Thank god, I'd hate to be her enemy.  I would surrender immediately.  She can make a hurricane look like a walk in the park with a purse dog pale in comparison.  I love that!!!  Lord knows, I love a woman with some stones...

This afternoon we sat down with some of her Puerto Rican coffee and a bag of my homemade cookies.  She does coffee as good as I do cookies.  I knocked on her door wearing a red foam clown nose and google-eye glasses and she welcomed me in.  Hey, life just don't get no better than that.

Sometimes life deals you Aces and Eights, sometimes it just gives you a couple of  Deuce's but if you're very lucky sometimes it gives you a wonderful lady from Puerto Rico with a soul so large it just makes you smile.  I am blessed and dancing naked at the moment....

No comments:

Post a Comment