Friday, December 10, 2010

OH FUCK ME TO TEARS!!!

I hate the northern latitudes.  Let me rephrase that, I FUCKING hate the northern latitudes!!!  I did an early morning run (well, for me an early morning run... 10:30 am) to the grocery store today to stock us up on essentials so we can survive the next five days without having to eat our own feet to survive.  Why?  Later tonight an enormous front is going to start slamming us into oblivion.  It's very cold here and we have snow on the ground already.  This thing is going to dump 6-9 inches of snow on us tomorrow.  Followed by predicted rain, sleet, more snow, way below zero temps and high winds on Sunday.  Yay!!!  Monday will be hell but we "may" get back up into single digits by Tuesday.  Sea Squirt and I should be in Mexico right now.  Drinking Margaritas.  And peeing on the iguanas from the roof..  And finding ourselves "stranded" there because none of the airports up here are open.  But NO, we're trapped up here!!!  Fuck this shit!!!

Sea Squirt is a victim of Light Deprivation Disorder on an order WAY beyond mine so he has been going all Johnny Depp on me since the whole Day Light Savings Time thing.  He stands out in the parking lot staring at the sun while I'm inside talking to the silverware.  I'm not kidding.  He knows the fork I refer to as "Marco" all too intimately .  God, I love that fork.  He's my anchor for damned near five months...  I sleep with him.  We become a truly weird threesome during the winter.

After unpacking all of the groceries and re-alphabetizing  the pantry I put myself on self imposed lock down for the rest of the afternoon.  With a glue gun.  I had to wrap my Christmas present for a six-year old.  Two full glue sticks, four hours and ELEVEN layers of paper, cellophane, ribbon layers, metallic curling ribbon and a butterfly later I was finally done.  It took four freaking hours to wrap this thing.  She's gonna need a bloody ax to unwrap this thing!!!  Am I the world's best aunt, or what???

Again, I am facing a LONG weekend up here that can only be imagined by members of a Chilean Antarctic outpost that are trapped on an ice flow.  With a Sea Squirt who is not at all happy about his impending 56th birthday tomorrow and me without anywhere near the amount of  pasta that I want to consume.  I ran to my favorite local Mexican bakery late this afternoon (during rush hour, a great sacrifice on my part I might add) and snagged some Tres Leche for him, some Mocha Tres Leche for me and some of the most amazing chocolate brownies imaginable for us to wrestle over tomorrow while the snow falls.

One of us may be dead by Tuesday.  But at least the survivor gets the last of the brownies....  Auntie Donn is SO going to win!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment