Monday, May 16, 2011

One Wingey-Dingies. Two Wingey-Dingies.

As you all know by now, I LOVE to cook.  The weirder, stranger and hotter the better.  You know me, the more it hurts the better.  I just crave stuff that makes me eat a whole stick of butter just to get my mouth back under control.  I think I may have managed to surpass  myself.  Holy shit, I have blisters on my tongue!!!

Last weekend  Sea Squirt and I went to an annual backyard "Drive-In Theater Party" that some very good friends of ours throw twice a year.  It's a hoot.  I love theme parties.  Unfortunately the weather did not cooperate as planned.  It was cold, rainy, windy, damp and shitty.  The movie was canceled but the dinner was wonderful.  All of us were in parkas, gloves, scarves, eye patches and hats.  Under the carport.  We brought an unprecedentedly popular batch of Sangria Blanca (two and half gallons) and a pan the size of a manhole cover full of  "Buffaloed Parrot Wings" (FYI:  the canceled movie was "Pirates of the Caribbean").   Those parrot wings just flew off of the shelf.    So did the Sangria.  I was pleased.  And somewhat perplexed...

I managed to snag two wings to bring home for later enjoyment.  I ate one today.  HFS!!!  Those puppies are HOT AS HELL!!!  No wonder the Sangria got finished off.  It was the closest fire hydrant available apparently...

I LOVE buffalo wings.  Perhaps too much.  I made a special concoction this time.  A combination of an off the shelf dry mix and some liquid stuff I buy from Louisiana Bayou inbreds who are known for catchin'  'gators.  FMTT!!!  This batch made  habeneros look like Tic-Tacs!!!  I'm still hurting.  Pleased but HURTING!!!  The ER staff has reassured me that my my tongue will more than likely be working again in about two weeks.  Perhaps a bit longer if I am stupid enough to eat the remaining wing.  And you just KNOW  that I'm gonna eat it!!!


The recipe is available upon request.  How brave are you???  C'mon, show me your stones!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment