Wednesday, December 18, 2013

LORD, I DO LOVE ME SOME "PURKLE"!!!

Yes, indeed, this is my favorite color.  I make no excuses... it's just too good of a color.

I am color blind on more levels than I care to explain.  Yeah, it's bad.  I am a hazard at traffic lights in the Western world.  In China, I am a nightmare.  Yes,  in China they reverse the colors.  Fuck.

I have dressed weirdly since the time I was born.  Please, no surprise.  To me, a pumpkin, a tomato and an apple are the same color.  So is most of my clothing.  And my car.  Shit, I'm screwed...

Color blindness is odd.  Strange.  OK, bottom line it just pisses the shit out of you.  TRUST ME!!!  I am a strange cross between  blue-yellow and red-green.  Yeah, and just to you straight guys out there,  80% of all males are color blind to some degree.  Think about it, we can't see colors that females do..  And they see ones that we can't even imagine.  Such is life...

I embrace my "disability" with open arms.  And eyes.  When Sea Squirt and I first met he asked me what my favorite color was.  I answered with a flavor.  Hibiscus.  He didn't have clue.  And then we went to Mexico.  I showed him hibiscus, in it's many hues.  As well as limon, lemon,  bougainvillea, azule and cobalt.  To me they were all flavors that I could see.  And then I showed him aubergine. He had never heard that word before.  But then I showed it to him, with a smile on my face.  It's a fucking magnificent color.  It's purple.  Sort of.  A distinctly reddish purple.  A very distinctly reddish purple.  It makes my bloody heart sing!!!  Yeah, it's that good of a color. Aubergine is a color I would gladly go to war for.  Yep, that good...  Trust me, as a person who is color blind I see it in ways that you just cannot imagine.  I have pity for you.

I love the tropics if for no other reason than the colors.  Reds so deep and vibrant you can sink your finger into them up to your knuckle.  Yellows so amazing that you have to wear sun glasses to look at them.  Blues so saturated that they almost appear black.  And greens, lord, don't even get me started on verdes...  Yes, I dance my way through the tropics for no other reason than the visual overload of colors.  That you can't see.  They are the ones that I can actually "see".  They just fucking pop to me.  Yes, now you know why I dress sort of strange...

Aubergine.  OMG!!!  For me, that color literally glows in the dark like it was in a black light.  It's a color that I can see across a football field and smile when I spot it.  Hell, I could probably see a square yard of that stuff on the moon from my back porch.  Yes, I am indeed an aubergine whore.  Thankfully and gladly.  Aubergine is up there with chocolate in my book and you know how I feel about chocolate!!!

I have a faux niece.  She is all of 9 years old.  Blond haired, blue eyed and so full of life it makes my head spin.  I love her with all of my heart and she makes my soul dance.  She has learned the word "purkle" from me.  And she knows what I mean by "purkle".  Lord love her!!!

Tonight, aubergine...  I toast you!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment