Sunday, May 11, 2014

OH, HAPPY DAYS!!!

Oh my...

Last night was way too much fun.  Three good friends in a tiny kitchen with shitty lighting.  Knives twirling.  Cutting boards flying.  Way too much hot oil.  And damned near every burner going.  Who could bitch about that???

Yeah, last night was the paella feast.  It started going awry as I began to load up the car.  I had way too much shit for this.  WAY too much shit.  I quickly grabbed the other two paella pans and fired up the Dodge.

About 3 hours later we are setting down to about 30 pounds of Pealla Valinciana.  It could have used about twice as much rice but with all of the other stuff we tossed in there, who really gives a rats ass???  Brandy (this is is 'sconsin after all) flowed like a river, shots of tequila came out of nowhere and we stopped just short of smoking our shoes.  We gorged like condemned death row inmates.

I love being in a kitchen with people who know what they are doing.  Of course, I love being in a kitchen with recent head injuries that don't have a clue.  Those are the ones that you put in charge of dicing the onions.   goddess, thank you for kitchens!!!

All of our freezers are stocked full of pealla.  WAY stocked!!!  The three of us are a bit (a bit???) adventurous and have decided to make this a reoccurring event.  As long as every time it's a different country.  We actually broke out a globe to find some interesting countries to eat out of.  For the life of me, I can't remember which one that we decided on.  I do remember it being kind of obscure though.  I'll ask later...  Let's just say that we ruled out England immediately.  My suggestion of Scotland and haggis was shot down damned near in a heart beat.  I said it includes a bottle of Scotch and they still said "no".  Wussies...  I think that we decided on something that involved a large bbq grill which to me means nothing more than open flames.  I love that!  I'm there for ya' baby!!!

In about a month there will be flames, smoke, hot oil, fire extinguishers, a 911 call and some band-aids. If not a large bath towel wrapped around what should have been left of someones  hand.  I LOVE IT!!!

Here is to food, friends and way, way, way too many shots!!!  Yeah, it just don't get any better...

No comments:

Post a Comment