Thursday, February 13, 2014

EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE A TSUNAMI HITS YOUR SHORES...

Sometimes it's a nightmare.  And sometimes, if you're very, very VERY lucky it is a thing of beauty.  A wave of intelligence and wisdom so deep that you could not mine it out of a well no matter how deep you dug.  I have been blessed with that. And I count myself so FUCKING lucky that it hurts.  Sometimes it is chocolate.  Sometimes it is shit.  This time, it was chocolate. Bitter sweet dark chocolate (my favorite kind).  And I thank my lucky stars for the encounter...  She is a dear friend so far off of the Richter scale that it hurts.  Yes, I am truly blessed...

I met her by accident.  In a restaurant in Mexico.  Trust me, it just doesn't get any better than that.  She welcomed me with open arms and embraced me like a baby.  Within seconds we were family.  Can you see the smile on my face???

She's a salty old broad who can cuss like a sailor.  I like that.  She can throw her arms around you, welcome you and make you melt like a 'smore.  I like that too.  And then she can slide her glasses down her nose and give you that "look".  Trust me, you panic when she does that.  And then you giggle because you know that she is trying to give you a learning curve.   She has taught me to not change the world but to start changing  a street corner.  It took me awhile, but I realized that it made a LOT more sense.

Dear woman, you have guided me into directions that I didn't even know that I needed to go to.  Yeah, head high, shoulders back and all feathers ruffled up.  Years before I met you I learned to never look back, which was an uphill battle.  You taught me to always look forwards.  Yes, the future.  Whether we are going to be around to see it happen or not doesn't matter.  A street corner.  Simply delicious!

You, dear woman, have taught me to fluff up and do what is right, just, true and to do the right thing.  I bow to you!!!

You make me sing!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment