Monday, June 9, 2014

LIFE IS MUCH TOO IMPORTANT TO EVER BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY!!!

Oh, Goddess, I am looking at an exit ramp that is so incredibly strange.  And Sea Squirt and I are doing our damnedest to try to pull it off by this weekend.  It involves a couple of good friends (fiends???) on both sides, the First National Church of Elvis and the County Clerks Office.

I don't know where to start on this one.  Oh, hell, I'll just jump right into the deep end.  Do NOT fuck with me.  I actually know how to kill with my bare hands.  Trust me on this one. I'm a handful of weeks away from turning 61.  Yeah, I got some experience under my skirt...

OK, about 5 years ago 'sconsin put a referendum on the ballet that didn't actually turn down same sex marriage as much as it "defined" marriage.  Yeah, that would be one man and one woman.  It passed.  It actually changed our states constitution.  And in complete violation of it. I ruffled up all of my feathers, tripled my size and went just full blown bat shit crazy.  Yeah, it was that bad. I was outraged. And for those of you out there who have known me long enough, well, you know all too well how easily I can do this sort of chaos.  That it was not challenged immediately shocked me.  Last week a Federal judge said "I don't think so, Cupcake".  I did a happy dance of such severity it hurt.

As a caveat, in principle I do not believe in "marriage".  Who the hell thought that nightmare up???  But you do what you have to do.  It actually does have some perks.  However, with an hour and a half with a lawyer you can pretty much accomplish the same thing.  Yet, it can still be challenged.  That's NOT fair.

Do I believe in"marriage"?  Hell no!!!  Do I believe in the legal rights it gives you?  Oh, hell YES!!! Why it takes that single legal document to give you sanctity and some legal rights to make decisions when all hell breaks loose confuses the bloody shit out of me.

Sea Squirt and I are about to grab the moment.  Goddess know why but we are in the process of doing something totally silly this weekend.  Sorry, I have to stop giggling.  This is SO out of nowhere and SO out of anything that I believe or support but...  Sea Squirt and I are getting married this weekend.  Even if the ruling is overturned or put on stay we will be grandfathered in.  In 27 states.  I love that!!!

Here's to a warm body in the middle of the night.  And two opposing forces who can clash on a battle field and just butt heads and still manage to curl up around each other under the sheets a couple of hours later.  Sometimes, it just works.  And that is so fucking delicious it just makes you drool on your pillow.  In the words of Jackie Kennedy:  "Your first marriage is for love.  Your second marriage is for security.  Everything after that is about companionship."  I am his third, he is my fourth.  It all makes so much truth to me now.  Happy dance!!!

Yeah, life sometimes deals you a winning hand.  Hey, ain't nothing better than a damn good poker face and a race in your heartbeat.  Overall, I have been one of the lucky ones.  And thank the Goddess for that gift...

No comments:

Post a Comment