Friday, July 22, 2011

Five Loonies At A Single Table With WAY Too Many Cocktails At A Friday Night Fishfry...

OMg, it just doesn't get any better than this!!!   We were loud and intrusive to say the least.  Dare I say rude, crude, lewd and socially unacceptable???   Of course I will...  We not only kept the customers amused we entertained the entire staff for several hours.   Life is good.

A dear friend took Sea Squirt, two of our BFF's and myself out for an early b-day dinner for me tonight at one of our favorite haunts.  It was mayhem from the moment we pulled into the parking lot.  We drank too excess and we ate even more.  Our waitress kept referring to me as "Birthday Boy".  She even sang "Happy Birthday" to me (BTW, her name is Bev, she's 112 if she's a day and has a hairdo that resembles a blond football helmet.  I love her!!!).    As did half of the patrons.  I was in heaven.  Half of the wait staff, the bartender and the chef came over to thank us for coming in and keeping them bemused by our loud ramblings and drunkeness.  Can you imagine me or anyone I know being loud???  Let alone drunk???  OK, I retract that question...

Around about the fourth round of drinks when my vodka and cranberry juice turned into a "vodka blush" (barely pink) we decided to order..  Thank god.  An ocean and a lake of fish, a cubic mile of tartar sauce and god knows how many sink holes of clam chowder later we were all satiated.  And then I got free cake.  FREE CAKE!!!  Drowning in homemade whipped cream.  With a candle.  From Bev.  FUCK 58, I got free cake!!!

Yeah, life is good.  Tonight I smiled, giggled, laughed, talked too loudly and hugged dear, dear friends as we went our separate ways in the parking lot after an evening of incredible fun.  Nothing could be finer. Thank you for letting my weirdness into your lives....  I love you all.

Again, thank you so very, very much...

No comments:

Post a Comment