Wednesday, May 22, 2013

WHENEVER POSSIBLE, SING AND DANCE IN THE RAIN!!!

Oh, my.  The Fates give us a handful of decades if we are lucky.  Sometimes more.  Sometimes less.  Sometimes way less...   Way too less.

For whatever reasons, this thing called life can lift us up and can easily smash us to the ground with the force of a tsunami.  It makes no sense.  But what does?  As you have all probably figured out by now, I am not a faith based sort of entity.  Now, that doesn't mean that I don't believe in something bigger than me.  It just means that I don't necessarily believe that it is greater than me.  Hell, Jupiter is bigger than me but I certainly don't accept the fact that it is in need of being worshiped.

As humans (and as all things) we are given a "time" and a "space" to fill.  What we do with it and how we use it is up to us.  Aah, yes, free will.  That's a double edged sword if I've ever seen one.  You can win with a pair of deuces and you can lose with a royal flush.  It all depends on what kind of a "poker face" you have.  I've folded on more winning hands than I can count.  I've also bluffed my way into more jackpots than you want to know about.  There's just no rhyme or reason sometimes.  I've been up, I've been down, I've been duped, I've been top of the heap and I've been so lost that it hurt.  But through it all I have either thought thank god THAT nightmare is over or, OK, what's gonna happen next.  What can I say, it's life.  Even if you win you still manage to lose in the end.  You just gotta learn how to get over it and go on.  As Michelle Obama says, "Don't sweat the small stuff.".

I've been fender-bendered a number of times by life.  And I've been broad-sided by it too.  The fender-benders I tend to pretty much blow off because I'm used to them by now.  The broad-sides can be a different matter though but even still I strive to not give them more than 15 to 20 minutes worth of attention if at all possible.  I just don't have the time for that crap.  My clock is ticking, I can hear it.  Hell, all of our clocks are ticking!!!  Those clocks start ticking the second that we're born and none of us have a tinkers damn of a clue when the alarm is going to go off.  And I think that's a good thing.  If you don't know how much time is left then you'd better have the good sense not to waste any of it!!!  I have turned down very few opportunities in my life, except for the ones that I suspected were only going to end up in the emergency room with stitches and perhaps a body cast.  Hey, I'm a thrill seeking but I'm not stupid...

Grab your umbrella and your Mr. Microphone, put on your tap shoes and get your butt into the mix.  Get wet.  There's puddles out there with your name written all over them. Scare some strangers!!!  They need it.

C,mon, its a banquet out there!!!  You're hungry aren't you???


No comments:

Post a Comment