Friday, November 29, 2013

WHEN THE FUCK DID WE TURN INTO HYENA'S???

OK, this whole Black Friday thing pisses me off so badly that it hurts.  How fucking greedy has our society become?  And how fucking stupid are we to just keep sucking up to it???  When the hell did the last Thursday of November turn into a useless, mindless shopping frenzy???

Black Friday (which by the sounds like a public execution and stoning event) is totally unacceptable to me.  Fuck the "sales".  Fuck the "discounts".  Fuck the "Door Buster" shit.  As a retailer, if you haven't made your bottom line by the end of November then you just don't really need to be in business anymore.  You're pretty much boned by then.

Black Friday has now become Black Thursday.  Who in there right mind makes employees work on Thanksgiving???  Just so idiots can start shopping at midnight???  I don't care if those employees "volunteer" to work those shifts they just couldn't pay me enough to put up with that shit.

Black Thursday/ Friday is a freaking nightmare.  People show up armed.  Heavily.  Shootings happen on a regular basis.  Yeah, blood shed in parking lots over parking spaces.  Fuck the $59 television, you left your house with a loaded hand gun???  To go Christmas shopping???  What am I missing here???  If you can get gunned down while you're still in the parking lot then you are pretty much boned.

When did we start sucking up to this shit this badly???  And why are we still doing it???  My great-grandmother used to knit me socks.  Or a blanket of amazing colors and patterns.  I still have them.  And I treasure them all.  All of them handmade.  With love.  And way too many hours sitting in the rocking chair. under a florescent light bulb hot enough to tan by.

Fuck, I want a simpler, more civilized time back...

No comments:

Post a Comment