Tuesday, April 29, 2014

A LITTLE BLUE MARBLE...

I am a gypsy.  I don't normally put my feet down on the ground in one place for very long.  I just have to keep moving around.  I want to see stuff.  Do stuff.  Taste stuff.  Hell, I'm on my fourth passport.  Get the picture?

'sconsin and I have a long history.  A very LONG history.  Although I grew up in San Francisco I spent most of my summers at my parents lake home in northern 'sconsin.  We called it "the cottage".  Shit on a shingle, it was a three bedroom, two bath ranch style thing with 200 feet of lake frontage.  It stole my heart at the age of 6.  I dearly remember being splayed out on my back on the dock and counting stars.  I broke my leg in two places one summer trying to take a ski jump.  Can you say 16 and drunk off of your ass???  Hang on a second, I have to stop giggling...

Yeah, 'sconsin and I go back a long time.  I went to college here.  What a complete waist of time and racehorses.  But this indeed is the land of dead fish and animal heads hanging off of the walls in a "supper club".  On a Friday night for a fish fry.  Hey, what's better than beer batter and tartar sauce???

Almost 21 years ago I moved back here.  And I've never looked back.  I love this place.  I have lived in Madison for almost 21 years now.  We claim to be 76 square miles surrounded by reality.  Sorry, have to stop giggling again.  I have been blessed with the most amazing bunch of loonies. I can't imagine it any other way.

  Yes, life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment