Monday, April 8, 2013

OH CRAP!!! ANNETTE HAS LEFT THE BUILDING!!!

Damn!!!  Shit!!!  FUCK ME TO TEARS THREE WAYS FROM TUESDAY!!!  Annette Funicello has actually left the building.  Forever.  Oh, just fuck me...

I'm so shocked right now it hurts.  She was my "older woman:".  I was 5.  She was almost 15.  She had mouse ears.  And tits.  She was the only Mouseketeer  with tits.  Oh, just fuck me.  I can't believe she's actually gone...

Annette.  OMg...  She was America.  She was my youth.  Which, BTW, is long gone.  She was the only girl in the beach movies who wore a one piece bathing suit.  She was too classy to wear a bikini.  She was Annette.  And her hair was perfect.

Damn it.  Damn it!!!  DAMN IT!!!

She was the 50's.  She was the 60's.  She was the Pineapple Princess.  She was peanut butter.  She was Disney.  She was Annette.  Oh, crap, how can you be gone???

I was in love with her.  Hell, who wasn't???  She was Annette.  Her and Bobbie Rydell defined an era.  Of sun and sand and surfboards.  And aerosol hairspray.  Shit, you're gone...

My dear sweet woman, you were a class act that was called away too soon.  You made me laugh.  You made me sing.  You made me wiggle my toes in the sand.  You made me buy Skippy peanut butter.  Oh, hell, I'll admit it, I actually went as you one Halloween when I was in college.  Lord, I love me a pleated skirt and some mouse ears!!!  Yeah, that should have been my first red flag...

Right now I have one of the biggest holes in my heart that I have ever had.  And it's got your name written all over it.  How can you possibly be gone???

Tonight there are mouse ears ballet-dancing on the stars...

 M.  O.  U.  S.  E.........


No comments:

Post a Comment