Wednesday, July 9, 2014

CHEESE...

OK, this really doesn't have shit to do with cheese.  I just thought that would be a good lead in...  After all, this is 'sconsin and we are indeed about cheese...

I am two weeks away from hitting a milestone.  Yeah, another birthday.  But this one is a  big one.  I officially am about to enter the 6th decade of my life.  Hmmmm.....  That's sort of an eye opener.  61.  I'm not quite sure where I stand on that one yet.  I am old, opinionated, cranky, bitchy, ornery, somewhat dangerous (to myself and others), nowhere near politically correct (thank goddess),  a bit crazy, a whole lot insane and I make some frightening noises when I move.  Hey, you have to put some effort into that cul de sac.

Oddly enough, in the last week I have done a whole lot of self evaluation.  My own little personal Purgatory.  Hey, ain't nothing more scary than judging yourself.  Growing old doesn't scare me.  But I hear the clock ticking louder.  Now, that does indeed scare the fucking shit out of me.  But, such is life...

I have spent my whole life having me a damned good time.  I am a country boy at heart.  Hell, I grew up chasing chickens and putting pennies on railroad tracks.  Yeah, I was a bit of a strange child.  Surprised???  I remember mayonnaise jars full of lightening bugs.  Which I would inevitably open up in the house.  Grandpa would cuss like a sailor and grandma would always come to my defense.  And then she would give me some Kool-Aid and some Oreo's.  Yeah, good times.  I miss those two so much it hurts.  They were both about the same age I am about to hit when they died.  Fuck me to tears!!!

High school was a joke and I barely made it through college.  Total waste of time and money.  I did party my ass off though.  In an odd way I guess it was money well spent.  Thank goddess it wasn't my money...

I've looked back on almost 6 decades and I see passports (4), airports (way too many. but still not enough of them yet), timezones (all of them) and countries that no longer even exist.  When I was young I was stupid.  Hell, isn't that what youth is all about?  I have nurtured that ever since.  Yeah, there is still a smile on my face.  You can't stop yourself from growing older but you do have the power to never grow up. Hey, if you can't tap dance naked in the rain then you're just missing the point of the whole journey.  I love that!!!

I love life so damned much it hurts.  And I'm glad to still be in it.  In two weeks Sea Squirt and I will be sitting in one of my favorite local dives, enjoying a Reuben Sandwich and a couple of beers with friends.  Yeah, life is indeed good...

Here's to cheese!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment