Thursday, July 17, 2014

TODAY, WE LOST AN ICON...

Oh my stars, we have just lost something so precious.  Her name was Elaine  Stritch..  Star of Broadway, films and television.  Hey, if you're going to do it, well, then do it right.  Reach for the stars and just grab them out of the sky.  It just can't get any better than that.

Her character spanned decades.  She was a brassy old broad (goddess, I love those kind of women), she never backed down and she went through treatment a couple of times.  And again, never backed down or made excuses for who or where she was.  Again, I love that.  When you can embrace your mistakes and shortcomings openly it's a giant leap forward.  And I applaud her for that.  It does indeed take a LOT of stones to take that exit. It can be wreck less and scary. To go public the way she did took  "stones" to a whole other level.  I bow to her for her back bone.

Dear woman, you did indeed entertain me.  It more was than you can possibly imagine.  Travel safe, travel far and tap dance on stars...


No comments:

Post a Comment