Wednesday, July 23, 2014

OH CRAP!!!

Well, the day has finally come.  My 50's are soon to be officially over.  Yes, in a few short hours I officially jump into the shallow end of my 60's.  I'm still not sure where I stand on that one yet...  Hell, do any of us???

I can cuss like a whore (in 9 languages that I can somewhat remember.  Trust me, I know some REALLY colorful stuff), been me some places, done me some stuff, have met some wonderful souls and unfortunately have been to way too many funerals for way too many fellow crazies.  Oh, Goddess, shell shocked and t-boned way too many times my ass still goes on.  I'm damned thankful for that.  Why did I end up with a royal flush???

I am truly a "scratch and dent" sale.  In retrospect, I have loved every FUCKING second of it.  Even when I had to haul myself off the floor from a fetal position, dust myself off and go on.  Hey, sometimes shit just happens.  And sometimes shit can be an incredible character builder.  Who knew???

Tonight Sea Squirt and I are going out for cocktails and a couple of Reuben sandwich baskets at one of our favorite Madison dives.  I love that!!!  Oddly enough, my needs are indeed simple.  Although Sea Squirt would never admit to that.  I think that he views me as a "bit" high maintenance but I can't really say that I blame him.  Just think hand grenade with the pin pulled out...

Here's to a new door opening.  And Reuben sandwiches in a local watering hole that I love.  Hey, how can life possibly get any better than that???

No comments:

Post a Comment