Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Life is much too short to even consider doing a bad BBQ!!!

Trust me on this one, I know what I'm talking about.  Grilling out is an art.  A way of life.  An homage to fire, if you will.  Hell, to me it's almost Zen...  with a hearty dry rub and a dipping sauce on the side.  All of it caramelized,  slightly blackened and bubbly. Give me 45 minutes of open flames I will feed you like you have never been fed before!  What I can do with fire is just amazing (refer to a former post.  Only with less of a blast wave and a lot more windows left intact).

The weather is changing and the season is waining (FMTT!!!) but I am still out in the back yard grilling my tits off.  Why?  I have some hearty man-tits and the mosquitoes are FINALLY  gone.  No more DEET!  Life is good in my corner of Paradise!  And my freezer is so freaking full of stuff that just begs to be put to the stake it just hurts in my opinion.  Get those damned sausages on the grill!  And the Hebrew Nationals!  And those brat buns from LAST August.  The Solstice is here and it is time to purge.  Oh, hell, give me a couple of last years steaks and I'll toss those on as well.  Lord, I just love left overs!  Any one for some baby backs?  Hot wings?

Food?  My life!  Grilling?  Mother's milk!  My new Weber Q-200?  My mistress!!!  She calls to me like the Siren's did to Odysseus..  OMG, you sweet thing, come to Daddy!!!  I've bought her more accessories than a $1000 an hour hooker could ever hope to have.  My other half keeps finding this stuff and he's just panicked...  it's like my new drug of choice in a weird way.  What can I say?  I want fire!  LOTS of carne!  Hell, I've even come close to picking up road kill and tossing it on the grill.  I figure once it's been run over a couple of times it's already tenderized.   All I have to do is season it properly, torch it, slap it on a plate, light a few candles and we're ready to go, right?  A bit of fresh cilantro, a sprig of basil and some legumes from the farmers market and we have a feast in my world.   You bring a box of crisp Chardonnay and we're set to go in my mind.  Doesn't that go well with raccoon, opossum or what's left of a Canada Goose over on the shoulder of the road???

Let's get grillin',  OK???

No comments:

Post a Comment