Friday, September 6, 2013

I WANT TO BITCH SLAP KENTUCKY SO BAD IT HURTS!!!

Yes, there I've said it.  Hell, let me say it again (refer to title above).  As a Southerner myself (born in Arkansas) I can get away with this.  Grab a map.  Arkansas is located more southern than Kentucky which would make Kentucky sort of "northern" in my opinion.  And, yes, I can hear them rankling in their single wides as I type this.  Yeah, well, screw you!!!  You don't like that???  Well, then get that car "parked" in front of your trailer off of the cinder blocks that it's been setting on for the better part of a decade, try to get it started and do your damnedest to try to catch me.  Good luck, my car actually has tires on it.  And is currently licensed and road worthy.

Why am I pissed?  Several school districts in Kentucky (lord, I use that term loosely) have decided to come out not only vocally but viciously against the First Lady of The United States.  Why?  Nutrition.  Yes, nutrition.  Apparently in Kentucky that translates as something akin to "grub" which I am getting the impression doesn't have a whole hell of a lot to do with nutrition.  Or food.  Unless you count scavenged road kill.  Or squirrels.

Anyway...  Mrs. Obama has taken it upon herself to make healthy eating, good nutrition and exercise her calling.  I admire her for that.  Hell, do you realize that the average weight of the typical American is over 200 lbs???  Yeah, we're pretty much boat anchors that thrive on drive up windows, deep fryers and chips.  We are so bloated that we have actually down-sized sizes in clothing just to make ourselves feel better about the size of shadows that we cast on the rare occasions that we actually stand up and manage to get out side.

For the first time in lord knows how long there is actually a vegetable garden at the White House.  Yes, a vegetable garden.  That actually grows food, as in edible stuff that is good for you.  Things that you can eat raw.  Or steam.  As opposed to beer batter and deep fry into oblivion, which Kentucky appears to happily do to their now WAY gone waist lines!!!

Kentucky:  leave this woman alone!!!  And eat a real vegetable every couple of months or so...

No comments:

Post a Comment