Friday, March 14, 2014

HUGS...

Let me start by saying that I am a firm believer in hugs.  I love them.  I like to give them.  I like to get them.  Hell, who wouldn't?

Hugs are not limited to humans.  Where did you think we got the term "bear hug" from???  All sorts of creatures hug, we're just not quite sure why though.  Humans have managed to take them to an extreme.  The outfield as it were.  We, at least, are fully conscious of what we are doing and why we are doing it.  We do it with abandon.  We do it with a palette that spans a full 180 degrees of opposites.  We hug with joy.  We hug with love.  We hug with fear.  We hug with sorrow.  We hug with every emotion we are capable of experiencing.  I am so glad that I am not a Vulcan.  They're missing out on one of the most incredible experiences.

We have all hugged while laughing our asses off or crying, whaling and trembling.  That's what hugs are all about.  Hugs are a human bonding thing that literally blows me out of the water and makes my heart sing.  Even if I happen to be lost and scared at the moment.

I am a hugger.  Babies.  Friends.  Strangers. Animals.  Inanimate objects.  OK, don't ask about that one...  I will hug you in welcome.  I will hug you at goodbye.  I will hug you as you lay on the floor fetal and loosing your sanity.  And I hope that you will do the same for me.  Yeah, it's a bonding thing that I sometimes think is even better than 2 pounds of dark bittersweet chocolate.  That alone speaks volumes!!!

I give you a challenge.  From this moment forward promise to hug at least two people a day whether there is a reason for it or not.  Trust me, the world will be a better place...

No comments:

Post a Comment