Friday, March 21, 2014

YES, I USED TO OWN A YUGO...

Please, just stop laughing.  It was not just a Jugo, it was a Yugo GT.  That alone gave it almost  97 horsepower.  OK, now I'm laughing..  This thing was a joke from the word go. Guess what?  I bought it with a MasterCard...  What was I thinking???  It was black and had racing stripes.  On a Yugo.  I must have been incredibly high!!!  Again, what the hell was I thinking???

It got damned near 50 mph highway.  And it had a hard time making it to that speed. Even on a downhill run.  Off of a cliff...

My next car?  Even worse.  I bought a used 1974 Chevy Vega station wagon with fake vinyl wood grain paneling and a chrome roof rack.  It was avocado green.  Totally horrid looking little car.  Yet I drove it for another 100,000 miles.  Hey, sometimes shit just drops in your lap and you deal with it...

I have owned unbelievable huge big block V-8's, I have owned gutless little 4-bangers.  I am driving one of those things at the moment.  It is 12 year old Dodge Neon with a whomping 132 hsp.  Oh, hell, growing up our lawn mower had more power than this thing.  I hide in shame...  I want a car engine so fucking big that it can go to Mars in less then three days.

Yes, my needs are simple

Just make it go!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment