Thursday, March 27, 2014

THERE'S TIMES THAT YOU JUST GOTTA DO WHAT YOU GOTTA DO...

Oh, lord...  I'm in pain.  Old people pain.  I'm not sure if I like that or not...

Yesterday we welcomed a dear friend into her 48th year of life.  She's still not sure if she likes that or not either...  At anywho, she decided that she wanted a small bash to ring in the milestone.  We willingly agreed and the four of us laid siege to her house with the pot-luck from hell.  Prime rib, Korean bulgogi (or as we call it bull doggie), coconut rice, a couple of racks of slow roasted baby back ribs, some buffalo chicken thighs, a bedpan full of homemade oatmeal cookies, a fresh pineapple (yeah, guess who gave her that), spring rolls, WAY too many dipping sauces, some really good guacamole that she got to make on the molcajeta that I returned to her freshly seasoned and a couple of bottles tequila resposado. I assume that the ramaki and the spanikopita are still sitting in the freezer.   I have no idea how I made it home safely the 13 miles I had to drive.

The Birthday Girl decided that we should play some party games.  Well, that's your first red flag.  We started out with "Shots and Ladders" (as opposed to "Chutes and Ladders") and then we degenerated into "Pictionary".  Who the bloody hell dreams these drinking games up???  Of course my team won.  But only because we were not as lit as the Birthday Girl.  Damn close though.  At least we could stand without assistance.  I have to tell you, "Shots and Ladders" can be terribly deadly!!!

I gave her 27 pesos for some street tacos, a couple of bus passes for Transportes Del Pacifico and 10 centavos to "grow on".  She giggled.  I loved it. Keep in mind, this is the woman that I consistently refer to as "Senor Nancy".

To me, she is a puppy.  Twelve years my junior.  A firebrand by any stretch but to me so young that I just want to slap her.  But only out of joy for her being that damned young.  I would kill to be back in my 40's again.  Even my late 40's.

I came home bandaged and bloody thanks to a dog that doesn't have the good sense the goddess gave a toothpick.  This stupid thing damned near killed me last summer.  He caught me around the ankles with his leash, sent me tits over tea kettle and I went spinning in the dark.  I missed a pile of cinder blocks by less than an inch. The fact that my skull was not fractured bloody fucking amazes me!!!   At least my latest injuries happened inside the house while I was sitting on the sofa. I swear to whatever that my right arm just went through the Blitz.  Thank goodness I am a dog person.. Just not that dog.  Dumb.  Dumb. Dumb.  OK, I'll say it, IDIOT!!!!

Feliz Cumpleanos dear woman.  Enjoy the bus ride to Oaxaca....

1 comment:

  1. It was a great night... I think. The latter parts are still a bit blurry. Thanks for sharing it with me, ma'am. Love ya! (O:

    __ Senor Nancy __

    ReplyDelete